Skip to main content

What Does True Government Transformation Look Like?


What Does True Government Transformation Look Like?


Transformation is about an organization or program moving from one state of being to another. It implies a significant and disruptive change that is necessary when an organization shifts its mission, realigns resources, or changes the way work is done. We don’t all quite know yet what is in all the agency transformation plans mandated by OMB Memorandum 17-22. There may be some bold ideas and some also-ran ideas that perhaps have great optics, but may show little true results. So far, I have heard hints of transitioning some programs to other agencies, reducing some identified duplication, shared service implementations, and a few program reductions. Some agencies have begun offering early-outs, others allowing attrition to address workforce reductions, and still other agencies indicating there will be no workforce changes.

References 
  1. http://center4oe.com/what-does-true-government-transformation-look-like/?utm_content=bufferb9612&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#.W9Uwf5MzbIU
  2. http://center4oe.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Agency-Reform-Program-Management-Office.pdf


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 ways how to be transformed from JobSeeker to JobGiver

5 ways how to be transformed from JobSeeker to JobGiver Let’s take trade and youth seriously Making trade work for young jobseekers requires identifying and removing barriers Today’s youth are more educated than any previous generation. However, for many of them this does not translate into economic opportunities. Some 13.5% of young people aged between 15 and 24 were unemployed in 2017 compared to only 5.5% of the working-age population, according to the International Labour Organization. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) explicitly recognize the need to ‘achieve full and productive employment and decent work’ for young people (SDG target 8.5) and ‘substantially reduce the proportion of youth not in employment, education or training’ (target 8.6). International trade is a means of implementation of the SDGs and is widely recognized for its potential to create jobs if accompanied by appropriate policies. Here’s how we make trade work for young people too. 1. UNDERS

Days with Bully

Days with Bully  Please allow me to narrate my own experience which I have faced during my work journey. During 10 year work journey, I encountered such bully at every work place as co-worker, boss. Earlier I used to think that this was my fate or mistake. I love my profession as Researcher and love to voracious reader that leads me under a bully‘s trap. After 2013 I encountered life change scenario that my boss wanted to retain me despite closing all operations. He is very polite and charismatic and charming person. He ensured and assured me for all kind of support. I was transferred to next city(near to my native town) to establish new office at his behest I agreed because I wanted to move. Because there was no fixed pay date and any rules and it became one -man show. Always he tried to convince me working with him is good for me. Whenever I tried to learn or build my competency on any tool or domain. He said that is not your work ,we can hire somebody who can do. Aft

Debate

Debate:Brain Vs Beauty  I am writing this piece on Beauty vs Brain which is asked by during in a debate.   Brain  We are intelligent species on this planet .Individual can become expert on any domain by doing practice Brain is ultimate and eternal and it gets polished and shined more with passing of time. Brain has the capacity to mould and shape the fortune and win the hearts whereas beauty can only glow when Individual has good luck. Brain is very calculative and Beauty is aesthetic and expressive Evolution of human is directly linked to evolution of brain . Beauty  In my opinion we cannot restrict definition of Beauty just appearance, it has wide interpretation like sense of inner beauty, way of life .How you express and enjoy your life, relation and society. I see beauties in everything. We want everything that look good and function well. We spend a lot of money on them, and use them constantly. In context of human being, Beauty is natural phenome